Wood's World

Wood's World

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Beautiful Service

We had Grandmama's memorial service today. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect. I know she was looking down on us and very pleased:). We had the service At Central Congregational Church where my grandmother was a lifetime member, my parents were married there, so were Staci and Peter. It is also where my nephews and niece were baptized. There were many celebrations at this church and today was one of those. We celebrated Grandmama's amazing 88 years of life! The church was packed with many people that knew and adored Grandmama. She really impacted the lives of many people. I am so grateful to our family and friends that attended. It meant so much to our family.

A huge thank you to Kendra and Debbie. Mead made it about 15 minutes into the ceremony and had enough. Kendra sat with him outside in the waiting area and watched him for the entire service, so Jason and I wouldn't miss it. Declan had enough shortly after that and my friend Debbie took him outside to entertain him. So lucky to have such wonderful and caring friends. It was so important for all of us to be there for my mom and our family today, so I could not be more appreciative of the extra help! Thank you to Jill too! You are the best second mom/grandmother ever! It meant so much to our family that you were there today.

I did not speak today. I chose not to. Couldn't keep it together. I have had a hard time with the Grandmama's death. We had a different relationship, but we're so very close in the end. I was the one (and Jason) that took her home to an empty house or to her home at Northlake Gardens...I balled every time we dropped her off because I could see Alzheimer's taking over her life. I have so many memories of her and get teary eyed quite often. I just can't fathom her being gone. She has been such a constant in my life...my entire life. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest when I think about her and miss her so much. Living a mile from where she lived makes it very hard. I just try to cherish the memories that were made and think of all the happiness she brought into our lives and how much our family learned from her. Nothing meant more to her than her family...nothing. Her love was absolutely unconditional. My heart is heavy tonight. I know she is an angel and is looking over all of us.

We love you more than tongue can tell Grandmama.


Stefani

No comments:

Post a Comment