Wood's World

Wood's World

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One More Month...

And Declan will be 2!  I can't even believe it.  I feel like he is so grown up already.  What is he up to these days???  He is doing very well in his big boy bed.  We have to lay with him until he falls asleep, and then he will make it through the night...sometimes.  If he does get up, he stays in his bed and calls for us.  We still don't have the bed rail, but I think he will a little more safe and secure once we do.  My mom came over and we decorated his room.  It looks "so cute," as Declan would say. 

 Almost 2...
 Cheese:-)
Eating a Cars gummy...what else?
He is into the movie Cars these days and Lightning McQueen, Thomas the Train, and the Fresh Beat Band.  He loves to color, put things together and take them apart and play with tools.  He loves to dance and listen to music.  I'm amazed when he sings all of the words to a song!  He says his prayers at night and it might be one of my favorite things he does.  He loves to watch baseball and yell "strike em' out!"  He is not eating that well.  If he had his choice he would eat gummies and yogurt covered raisins for every meal.  He is definitely a juice boy, but will drink milk too.  Some of my favorite things he does and says...he opens the door for me and says "here you go mommy, go ahead."  Such a gentleman already:-)  My mom taught him to say "you've got to be kidding me," hilarious!  The other day he was pushing his blanket down the slide and he said..."uh oh night night, you okay?"  "I kiss it."  I uv you."  Think he has heard that before?  He says "I hold you," when he wants to be held.  I'm sure there are a ton more, but hearing him talk and having a conversation with him is so fun.  He is also back to hitting ONLY me of course, if he is told "no."  I'm hoping that will go away...again.

I made a decision on a daycare for him and feel very good and at peace with my decision.  The facility, teachers, and directors seem wonderful.  His little pottery barn monogrammed book bag came in the mail yesterday and I about lost it.  I'm so excited for him, but so nervous about the change.  I will be taking him for a half day the week before I go back to work.   It is hard to believe that he only has 2 more weeks with Jeanne and then he will be at school...and so will I?!  Someone please tell me where the summer went?  I'm hoping when I see my summer school check it will make it all worth the hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment