Wood's World

Wood's World

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Trial Run

Declan went to school for a "trial" run the day we left for the beach.  We walked into his new classroom and he jumped out of my arms and ran up to the other boys in the class and started playing.  I left the room to put up some of his stuff and sign some paperwork and then went back and told hi, goodbye.  He ran back to me and said "I hold you," and jumped back into my arms.  I told him to have a great day with his friends at school and I would be back.  He said "okay, Mommy" and I left the room. What a relief!  I now had 3 1/2 hours to anxiously wait and see how he did.

I had to work a little and run a few errands before we left for the beach, so I kept myself busy.  I went to get him a little early.  I had to know how he did.  When I walked in he was sitting at the table eating lunch, drinking out of a cup without a lid with his friends smiling and laughing with the teacher sitting next to him.  I met his teacher and LOVED her!  She asked if I had been potty training because he went right in and went to the bathroom.  What?!  So great!  So, we will definitely be switching to pull-ups soon.  He went again while I was there and stood up on a little stool and washed his hands.  It was so cute to see him already in a little routine.  She said that he cried for maybe 3 minutes and that was it.  Transitioned great.  Music to my ears.  As we left, he ran and gave Ms. Ashley a hug and told his friends goodbye.



We got in the car and I asked him if he had a good day and if he liked it and he said, "New school, new friends, I happy."  I cannot make this up, people!  It went that well.  I'm so happy and definitely less anxious about Monday when he starts his full days.  Happy Declan=Happy Mommy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment