Wood's World

Wood's World

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Hunger Games

I had the privilege of being the onset tutor for Amandla Stenberg, who plays Rue in The movie The Hunger Games this week. I started off tutoring from 8-11 at the Four Seasons in Atlanta, followed by a round table press conference there, then we headed to CNN for more interviews, on to Lenox mall for an autograph signing, and finally a red carpet arrival to a Q & A with 700+ fans! Anyone who thinks these kids don't work are dead wrong. They have long days and work very hard.

I also got to spend the day with some of the other actors...Jack Quaid (Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's son), Leven Rambin (McSteamy's daughter that has a baby on Grey's Anatomy), Dayo Okeniyi, and Liam Hemsworth (Miley Cyrus' hot Austrailian boyfriend) along with Amandla. Let me just say that these 5 actors are probably 5 of the most down to earth, normal, smart, and humble young adults ever. They made the day so much fun. It was very cool to be a part of such a big event. Amandla and her mother were so kind and gracious and I loved spending the day with them. It was an exhausting, yet fun day!

I will definitely be reading the book and will have to see the movie as well now!!!

I would also like to give a big shout out to my friend Carolyn who hired me! I do not know how she does it all! She is amazing! It seems like such a fun job, but it is a ton of work and very stressful. I admire her so much!!!




Amandla, Dayo, Jack, Leven, and Liam (yes, yes...I'm on a first name basis with them, ha ha)



Outside of CNN




Me and Amandla

No comments:

Post a Comment