Wood's World

Wood's World

Monday, May 9, 2011

Almost 2?!

What the ....?!  Declan will be 21 months this week!  How did this happen?!  Let me just tell you...our little boy is FULL of personality.  He is having conversations with us and speaking in sentences.  He actually tells me what he did at "school" when I pick him up.  It is crazy how talkative and smart he is.  I'm absolutely amazed by him and the things that he says and does!  He is also very polite which makes me very happy...he gets that from his Dad, the southern gentleman. 

Overall we have a very sweet little boy, but boy does he know how to throw a tantrum!  Wow! He used to wear a shirt that I bought him that said "my way or the highway."  Ha...I must have been able to predict the future.  Declan definitely likes to have what he wants when he wants it and is not afraid to tell you that.  Apparently this is "typical" of an almost two year old???  Or maybe we just have a very strong willed child?  Only time will tell.  We have also started potty training.  Not so much ready for that either...see picture below.  I freaking have potty trained so many of my students, but have a feeling Declan will be the most difficult of them all.  He is just not ready and I need to realize it. 

I have spent the better half of my life teaching students, working with all different types of children, studied all about children in college and let me tell you...I am a damn good teacher.  I know all of the right things to do...in the classroom.  I am a way better teacher (and if you are an educator...especially a special educator than you know what I'm talking about) than I am a Mom.  Definitely the hardest job ever, but also the best one!  I love our little boy more than words!!!  I could just eat him up!

 Yes...that is poop.  "Uh oh, Mommy...make a mess...so sorry"
 mmmm
 Yep.  Standing in the chair after I asked him not to.
 Looking at me like "What are you gonna do?"  "I'm still standing."
 His favorite thing to do EVERYDAY...rain or shine.

We have the best time outside together :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment