Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summertime In The City

I absolutely love living in the city, but it can be very different from the suburbs.  We live in midtown on a very busy street and not in a neighborhood.  Therefore we miss out on certain things like a pool.  So we make the most of it and have fun stuff outside to keep our very energetic toddler entertained.  We hope to join a pool down here this summer, but if not for some reason, watch out my friends (you know who you are) we will be tagging along with you! Get ready for a lot of play dates this summer! For now we love it here and the pros out weigh the cons at the moment. Declan seems to be happy and of course that is what is most important us :-)

Jason was home this weekend and it was so nice to not have any plans and be a family.  This is my busy time of year with the school year coming to an end and ESY starting up, so it is nice to have Jason here to help...plus I miss him so much when he is gone!

We went to a wedding for a wonderful friend of ours in Savannah last weekend.  It was so nice to spend the weekend with Jason and have some adult time.  He was working out of town in Brunswick, so I flew into Jacksonville and we headed to Savannah.  The wedding was BEAUTIFUL and we got to spend some time with great friends.  Kendra and Bryan let me ride back to Atlanta with them while Jason headed back to Brunswick.  It was very much appreciated and I love spending time with my BFF and catching up!  Love her!

My parents kept Declan and he was not even excited when I picked him up Sunday evening.  Would not leave my Mom's side.  Really?!  My feelings were a little hurt at first.  Then I realized how lucky he is and we are that he gets to spend that time with my parents. We did not worry about him for one second while we were gone.  My mom would send pictures and give us updates and it was very sweet.  Thank God for such wonderful parents!!!

 Our new best friend :-)
 Love this one of my boys
 Bubbles!
 He LOVES chalk!
 Chewing on foam that he is not supposed to have in his mouth...of course he thinks it is funny!
Having a chat.  Too cute!


Kind of a random all over the place post, but would you expect anything else from me?!  Ha Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment