Wood's World

Wood's World

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The DEW is TWO!!!

Declan turned two on Thursday!  Poor kid threw up all over me on Wednesday evening, twice, and then again in his sleep.  I assumed it was something he ate, because he was acting totally fine and no fever.  He woke up in a great mood on Thursday (even though he slept in some more puke...throws up and sleeps through it???) and was ready to celebrate his birthday!  He had a great day on Thursday and I surprised him with CARS cupcakes at his school.  Yesterday he had diarrhea starting at 2 and it hasn't stopped.  He hasn't eaten anything since yesterday, but again is in the BEST mood.  Poor kid!  So, he finally got his first stomach bug, but why on his birthday?  Not the best way to celebrate!  We are headed to my parents today to celebrate with my family and we will celebrate with Jason's tomorrow.  I will post pictures later.

I can't believe our little boy is two.  This has been by far the best and fastest 2 years of our lives.  I never thought I could love this little boy so much. 

 I love our rides to school in the morning and on the way home.  He likes to chat the whole way there on some days, other days he requests music and wants to relax.  It just depends on his mood.  I love it when he points to everything he sees and tells me what it is..."look mommy, I see a T-Rex," as we are driving down Peachtree Industrial Blvd.  Hilarious.  I love how he gets mad when I change a song that he likes. 

I love our trips to the store where he talks to everyone, tells the babies they are cute and tells everyone thank you for absolutely no reason.

I love watching CARS over and over again if that means he will lay with me and snuggle. 

I love reading to him at night and saying our prayers together and when he grabs my cheeks and pulls my face to his and kisses me and says "I love you, mommy."

I love waking him up in the morning and he is always smiling and says "Morning mommy."

I love when he is sad/angry and I'm explaining something to him, he says with his bottom lip puckered out, "Okay mommy."

I love when he runs to the door when Jason gets home and jumps in his arms with the biggest smile.

I love how he talks to people on the phone and can actually have a mini conversation with them.

I love how he says "no thank you" in a precious little voice.

I love how he asks questions and is so inquisitive.

I love how he likes to help with everything like cleaning, cooking, feeding the dog (that will be another post)

I love how he cleans up his toys while singing the "clean up" song in the sweetest voice.

I love it when I pick him up from school and he runs to me yelling  "mommy!" with the biggest smile and hugs my legs.

I LOVE this little boy so much my heart hurts.  I love being his Mom. It is the hardest and best job I have ever had.  We have good days and more challenging days, but they always end happy with a kiss and hug goodnight. 

What I don't love

I don't love it when he throws himself on the floor at the store.

I don't love it when he hits me and tells me "no."

I don't love it when I drop him off at school and he cries for me.  In fact, I HATE it.

I don't love it when he whines.






 This picture makes me so happy and sad at the same time.  He looks so grown up!

We have learned so much in the past two years from Declan.  Probably more than he has learned from us.  We've learned what unconditional love is, patience, a stronger marriage, and that we would do ANYTHING in the world for our little boy.  I'm looking forward to the years to come and watching our little boy grow.  I love our little family more than anything in this world!!!


1 comment:

  1. Such a great post!! He is just so precious!! Looks just like his daddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete