Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fort Fun and Back to School

It is a rainy day in the A today, so what else is there to do, but build a fort?!  Jason had to work this weekend, so I have been trying to keep Declan entertained, clean, laundry, and errands, all before the school year begins.  I used to love making forts when I was little and it was just as fun with Declan today!  He is so much fun!

So, school starts tomorrow!  Wow!  This will be my 10th year teaching special ed and specifically children with Autism.  I get just as anxious and nervous every school year.  I'm thinking that feeling will never go away.  I'm also hoping that the passion that I have for teaching and children with special needs never goes away either.  I'm so excited to see my kiddos tomorrow!  I have a big class this year, but I'm up for the challenge and know that we will have a successful year! 

My amazing parapro (friend and second Mom) will be out for the beginning of the year:-(  She had rotator cuff surgery and the doctors will not release her to come back to work...yet.  I'm going to miss her so incredibly much.  She is amazing and knows me so well.  I will still have Nancy (who is also incredible) and a long-term sub in my classroom, Misty, who is wonderful too.  We will have a great team!

Declan conquered his first week of school last week!  He is such a trooper.  We had tears everyday until Thursday.  I explained to him that I go to work, he goes to school and then I will ALWAYS be back to pick him up.  So, on Thursday, he repeated what I told him as I dropped him off.  As I said goodbye to him, and I told him to have a great day at school, he puckered out that bottom lip, and said "Okay, Mommy," but he held back his tears.  He didn't cry after that and is actually excited to go in the morning.  Let's hope that continues tomorrow!  I'm still absolutely thrilled with his school and he has already made friends!   They do so many fun activities with him, and he is WORN out when I pick him up.  He is in a better mood and sleeping like a champ.  Precious!

He will be 2 on Thursday!  We are only doing family bday parties this year.  I just couldn't get it together, and he won't remember it (well that's what makes me feel less guilty anyway).  We will have a big one next year!   I will post more later.  Best two years of my life!






No comments:

Post a Comment