Wood's World

Wood's World

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Love My New Shoes!

Jason and I have a VERY opinionated and strong-willed child...or he is just a typical 2...almost 3 year old. Not sure, but either way he can be very challenging at times. I have learned to pick my battles. I learned that even before I had him! The other day was one of those days...

Declan and I went to the store to have him fitted for shoes again and to get another pair that fit a little better. We tried on the cutest pair of Nike running shoes that I LOVED! As he tried them on he said "Ummmm, Mommy, maybe these are too tight and too green or something. I like my other shoes and we will keep them.". Those were his exact words. Mind you this trip was on a day with no nap. I know, what was I thinking?! We tried on another pair, Adidas this time. "I think these are too big or something Mommy and too red.". I felt like I was in the book Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I finally broke down and said "Fine. Pick a pair that you want then.". He chose the pair of shoes he wanted, put them on himself, would not take them off and asked each person that we passed in the store, "Hi. Do you like my new shoes, they light up?". He could not have been happier. This really made me smile...a lot.

I can't believe he is getting so big so fast and picked out his first pair of shoes. I sure do love our little boy and all of the joys...and challenges he brings to our lives!










No comments:

Post a Comment