Wood's World

Wood's World

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Not Trying To Be....

....Anyone's social conscience (as my dad would say), but people need to realize just how lucky they are and just how short life is. It has been a year, and almost a year, since 3 very important people in my life passed away unexpectedly. I can honestly say that not a day goes by when I don't think about John, Angela, or Harold. Last year around this time, was one of the best and worst years of my life...so far. I was teacher of the year, and became pregnant with our sweet and healthy Mead, but also lost 3 people that meant so much to me at the exact same time. 3 people that I would have shared this wonderful news with. I have emails from them that I can't delete and want to hold on to. I loved and adored each of them so incredibly much.

It just kind of hit me the past couple of weeks how lucky I truly am. It has not been so wonderful in the Wood house lately, but it is nothing that Jason and I can't handle. We have our health, family, and friends. I'm feeling very thankful tonight where we are in life. Everything happens for a reason is so cliche, yet true.

I'm so lucky to have our angels looking over our family. Their presence is definitely known. I learned so much from each of them and will pass that on to Declan and Mead. My heart hurts that they will never get to truly know our boys and impact their lives the way that they impacted mine.

Life is way too short and often times taken for granted. I'm counting my blessings tonight and every night.

John-
Mom and I told Dec all about you the other day. We reminisced about the good old days and how much you meant to all of us and how much you would have loved my boys. I miss my second Dad more than you can imagine. Thanks for all you did for me, and for loving me like I was your own.

Harold-
You were there for me more than you know. Mom and Dad check on your kids much like you checked and took care of me:). You were such a big part of my life and you remain to be one of my earliest memories of my childhood and teen years. You were always so proud and excited to see me.

Angela-
You would be so proud of the 5!!!! They are in good hands with your amazing family. We keep in contact and I get lots of updates. I miss you so much and our random chats and emails. I have taken all of your Mommy advice that you gave me and I've put it to use.


RIP friends! I love you all so much! You are truly missed...daily!



Me and Harold


Angela and Declan

http://www.jasonandstefani.blogspot.com/2011/08/rip-john-alan-clark.html
Pictures of John

No comments:

Post a Comment