Wood's World

Wood's World

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RIP Angie

One of my dearest friends passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack on Sunday. If you know me or read my blog, then you know all about Angela and The Five.

Angela and I started teaching special ed. together ten years ago at Pinckneyville. We became friends immediately. She had one of the biggest hearts of anyone I have ever known. She is one of those people who would be there for you with a drop of a hat if you needed her. She was always sending us or Declan random gifts to let us know that she was thinking about us and that she loved us.

I looked up to her so much. She was an incredible mother to her five children and her unconditional love for them was evident in every conversation. I have watched The Five grow up into amazing young adults. Angie did a phenomenal job raising them. I cannot imagine being a single mom of 5 and supporting, providing, teaching, guiding and loving them like she did. She was so incredibly proud of her children and would do anything in the world for them...and I mean anything. I honestly think she felt the same way about Declan.

If you were loved by Angie you have felt a love like no other. Her friendship meant the world to me. I'm going to miss her so incredibly much.

She sent me this text on my bday....
"I hope your day is going great. I often think of you and wonder with all the horrible things surrounding me, I am blessed to have a friend that is the best daughter, sister, wife, mother, friend, teacher. I am so proud of you from the deepest part of my heart!"

I let her know I felt the exact same way. Never thought that would be our last chat with each other, but I'm thankful we knew how much we meant to one another.

I'm praying for The Five....Susie Q, BJ, Antonio, Benjamin, and Jawania...I'm here for you always and forever! Love you guys and I know your mom would have done the same for Declan. She loved you guys more than anything in this world and could not have been more proud of you.














No comments:

Post a Comment