Wood's World

Wood's World

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Tribute To My Mom

Dear Mom,

I'm not sure it is possible to put into words how much you mean to me, but I'm going to try, so here it goes...

You are the person that loved me the minute you found out you were pregnant with me, loved me as soon as you saw me and have continued to love me unconditionally from that moment on and still do...no matter what.

When I look back at my childhood I have the best memories of you and the time we spent together. I honestly do. It is hard to come up with a bad memory. I think there might have been a few times that I got the wooden spoon, but I'm pretty sure I deserved it. You never made me feel badly about myself and always supported me...always. Whatever I wanted to do or whatever I was into at the time you made it happen, but you also made me follow through. You took me with you to the Family Crisis Center where I spent time playing with abused children while you spent time with their abused mothers. Little did I know, I don't think you did either, that you were teaching me to be a strong and independent woman.

You taught me how to love everyone no matter their differences and to be kind to everyone. Something I still live by today. Part of the reason I became a teacher.

I don't remember you telling me "no" a lot. I'm sure you did, but I'm pretty sure I got a warning and then you let me figure things out on my own. And as I got older I sure had a lot of things to figure out and wish that I would have listened to those warnings. And of course you stood by me even if I made mistakes...which I did, several BIG ones, and you bailed me out yet made sure a lesson was learned and I better NEVER make that same mistake twice.

You always are there to listen and always know the right thing to say. How do you do that? Maybe we are very similar so I agree with a lot of the things you say, but you always know what to stay at the right time. Is this something I will learn...ever? Even if I don't agree with it at the time...you were usually right.

You are constantly doing for others and putting everyone else's needs before your own. All while NEVER complaining!!! In fact, I think that the only time that you aren't doing something for someone else is when you are traveling the world. And...good for you!!! I'm sure you are helping some stranded or lost traveler, but I like to think that you are taking time for yourself and finally doing for you.

I often wonder if I will ever be the kind of mom you are to me to my boys. You have set the bar so high it almost seems impossible. I want them to love and appreciate me as much as I love and appreciate you. Honestly I wanted two boys, the only reason I wanted a girl was so that I could have the type of relationship with her as you and I do. It is so special and a relationship that many moms and daughters don't have. It is hard to be a mother and friend, but yet you did it.

I wish you would write a manual on how to be a Mom for me. I would love a personal copy to keep with me at all times. I know you don't think that you are close to being perfect, but you are, in my eyes. You are by far the best mom and grandmother. You do so much for me and my family and I do not know what I would do without you. You really are my hero and I want to be just like you when I grow up. Thanks for raising me to be the woman that I am today and for loving me unconditionally...I know it was not easy at times. Thank you for the lessons you have taught me and the morals and values you have instilled in me. Thanks, Mom. You have no idea how much I love you and cherish the relationship that we have. I'm so lucky and thank God for you every single day.

I could list a million wonderful memories, but there are far too many! You know what they are and so do I and I will hold on to those memories forever!

Happy Early Mother's Day!!!!

I love you MORE!
Your Baby,
Stefani





No comments:

Post a Comment