Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Goodbye Summer and Maternity Leave

Tomorrow I begin my 11th year teaching children with Autism. It definitely does not feel like I've been teaching since I was 21 years old! Wow! I have a great team this year and a great group of kids as usual;). I still get butterflies and I'm sure I won't sleep tonight...I never do the eve of the first day of school. I'm glad I had a two day trial run to make sure I could get all of us ready and out the door!

Declan and Mead love Ms. Tina and Ms. Monica. Ms. Monica looks after Mead all day. She is one of the nicest ladies ever and loves our little boy. She is Australian and I know Mead probably enjoys her talking and singing to him throughout the day:). When I picked the up on Friday, Ms. Monica told me that she had a son that was Autistic. He lives in Australia in a home and is nonverbal and can be aggressive. He is getting excellent care there and is safe, apparently he is a big boy and hard to handle. So, here she is keeping my boys all day long and I'm off teaching children that are similar to her son. How ironic is that?! Weird how things work out and the people that are put into your life. Anyway, Declan is adjusting well too. We all thrive on a schedule:). It is just so nice to know that our boys are in such good hands so I can focus on my kids at school and my job. I miss them during the day, but value and appreciate my time with them so much more when I'm working. I look so forward to picking them up in the afternoon and for our weekends together.

Aunt Anna bought them their little outfits below! So thoughtful and so cute!












No comments:

Post a Comment