Wood's World

Wood's World

Thursday, December 20, 2012

We Love You More Than The Tongue Can Tell....

Grandmama passed away yesterday around 3:30. My mom was with her. That happened really fast. I am so happy that I got to see her on Sunday and was able to kiss her and tell her how loved she was.

We spent the night grieving with family last night. Just because she was 88, lived a great life, and we knew that this was coming, it does not make it any easier. Death of a loved one hurts.

Oh Grandmama. Where do I begin? I have SO many memories of you. You were such a large part of my child and adulthood. You have been around to see me accomplish so many things and hit many milestones in my 32 years of age. Some of the fondest memories I have of you...
visits from you when we lived in Maryland, Castleway Dr., toasted pita bread with cheddar cheese and lawry's, white grape juice, golden girls, Dallas, Days of our Lives, central congregational church, painting my nails, summers with you, taking me to golf lessons, taking me to tennis lessons, twin lakes, living with you, laundry tally markets, the smell of your house, youth dew, Christmas and your wrapping paper and awesome gifts, the zoo, Emmett Kelly clowns, no feeling in your hand, road trip to Maryland, you sleeping in the bathtub so I could sleep, late night phone calls to you because you were always awake, Vegas, volunteering at Plymouth Harbor with you (a program that you would eventually attend in the last years of your life), Henry, The Earth Angel (you never did tell me who it was), The Cruise, graduations, poppy cock, my wedding showers, our wedding in Punta Cana ( that you said you wouldn't travel for but did), rides together (living so close to you Jason and I took you to and from a lot) we had lots of chats during those rides, my baby showers, the birth of my first child (you were there the next day), meeting your second grandson that is name after your only son and will have your name forever, Tyson, taking you grocery shopping, the day we transitioned you to The Gardens (a day I will never forget), lots of visits, watching you smile,
your phrases... ye gods, I love you more than the tongue can tell, only god knows what a dog will do, step into the parlor said the spider to the fly, patience is a virtue virtue is a grace, put them both together and get a smiling face, you are a Cyndy clone
I always challenged you and took you out of your comfort zone. You were a good sport with it and would roll your eyes and laugh. I know I wasn't your favorite, but I know how much you loved me. You made that very clear. You were ALWAYS there for me and then me and my family. You got to see so much and watch all of your grandchildren grow up into adults and had 6 healthy great grandchildren that all loved you so much. You leave behind your legacy and your memories with us. I will hold on to them forever. Thank you for loving me and never judging me. I know you did not always agree with me or the things I said or did, but you never judged me. Thank you for making it to every important event and for being a wonderful grandmother. You were an amazing woman and devoted your life to helping others and making everyone else happy. I honestly just thought you would be here forever. I know you are happy and with God now. Your faith was amazing. I kind of feel like those little angels whose lives were lost at Sandy Hook ES needed a grandmother angel and that is why you left us a little earlier than intended.

I love you more than tongue can tell...











































1 comment:

  1. Stefani your grandma is amazing! She will be missed here but she has been called home to continue her many blessings. May your families hearts be lifted knowing she is now at peace.

    Love you Stefani more than the tongue will tell :)

    ReplyDelete