Wood's World

Wood's World

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Declan will be here today!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday after a successful first day at school. I was calm and relaxed, or so I thought, but my blood pressure read otherwise. The nurse immediately told me I would no longer be working and that the doctor would be in a minute. Dr. Taylor came in and was very concerned about my blood pressure. I had taken some bp readings that I had done to share with him (doctor's orders) and he was less than thrilled with those. They obviously wanted to check on Baby D too. He was head down at 34 weeks, but decided to move. He is now transverse. You cannot deliver a child vaginally that way. He may move, but he may not, so a c-section was mentioned. Anyway...I laid there and tried to relax as Dr. Taylor took my bp again...still high. He sent me over to the hospital to be monitored for a couple of hours and have tests taken. Blood pressure went down and tests came back okay, but they then decided to monitor me for the rest of the night and morning.

Dr. Taylor called me (Jason was home getting our stuff to stay the night and check on Dixon) around 7:00. He told me that I could go home and put my feet up and be on strict bed rest and take my bp 3 times a day and we could wait it out OR we could go ahead and schedule a c-section. I asked him what he thought the BEST option for me and the baby was (imagine that...me being indecisive) and he suggested the c-section. The baby is full-term and it would be okay for him to be delivered.

I could not sit around and be on bed rest...just waiting for him to come or to see if he would move head down to induce...and not work. I would be extremely anxious and the bp raised just me thinking about it!!!

I will stay at the hospital and continue to have my blood pressure monitored. It was up at 7:00 this morning. So they will monitor it more frequently. I am scheduled to have a c-section around 4:00 pm. My doctor has surgery until 2:30 or 3:00 and then he will be here.

So...Jason and I will be parents this afternoon and will welcome our new baby boy, Declan Edward Wood! Didn't really see this happening in my pregnancy, but as long as the baby and I are okay that is all that matters.

Thank you to ALL of our family and friends for the thoughts and prayers. We are so lucky to have ALL of you in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment