Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Loving it!
















I am absolutely loving being a mom. I know that may surprise many of you, but it is so true. Things are going extremely well at home. Declan is such a good baby. I have to wake him up to eat every 3 hours during the day and then he wakes me up every 31/2 to 4 hours during the night. He is just so relaxed and laid back...kind of like his parents.










We have been getting out of the house too. We have ran lots of errands and been out to eat a few times...and Declan was an angel. I am enjoying this time now and hoping it lasts, but that is probably not the case.










We went to the pediatrician too. My mom took us. We absolutely LOVE Declan's Dr. He is wonderful!!! Dr. Elliott says that Declan is "perfect." Of course I agreed. He said we are doing everything we should be and that we should give ourselves some credit for being good parents. Declan weighed 6lbs. and 10oz. when he left the hospital and he was up to 7lbs. He is getting chunkier by the minute. We decided to stick to the formula. Declan liked the breast feeding, but me...not so much.










We also want to thank all of our friends and family for visiting and for the delicious meals. It is so nice to know how much Declan is loved already. He is one lucky boy and so are we!










I have to thank my mom...again. I am healing slowly but surely. Still can't do everything. My mom has kept this house immaculate and done so much for us. I do not even have to ask. It just gets done. Stuff I don't even think about. She just does it and does everything. I don't know what I would do without her. I hope I am half the mom to Declan that she has been to me. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

1 comment:

  1. awwwwww he is so cute! I'm so glad that things are going well - I know you guys are absolutely amazing parents. Love & miss you SO much and can't wait to see you soon! xoxo COUSIN

    ReplyDelete