Wood's World

Wood's World

Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Independent, Biting, and Fit Throwing Almost 1 year old :-)
















I am trying to get Declan completely off of his bottle before his 1st birthday. We are down to the morning and night feedings. I am mixing some milk with his formula to help transition him to milk. He now requests his "ba ba" first thing in the morning and after his bath at night, which is going to make taking it away tricky. He is definitely liking the sippy cup now and will always take water or juice out of it, but not always the milk. He is eating so much throughout the day. He was so fussy the other day and I couldn't figure out what was wrong, but Biscuit (as Jason nicknamed him) wanted more food. Mind you he had just had a huge breakfast. I will figure it out eventually I am sure...if not he will let me know.










He is also really into trying to feed himself. I put stuff on the spoon and he rips (yes rips) it out of my hands and sticks it in his mouth. It is so funny to watch him and see how proud of himself he is. He is definitely a fruit guy. We have blueberries with every single meal which are stillhis fav.














On another note...
Our little angel is still biting. I have tried to ignore it or redirect him, but that doesn't seem to be working. It is funny how I am so good at all of that and know what I am supposed to do, because I do it daily in my classroom. Should be very similar with parenting, right? Now way...completely different when it comes to your own child :-) Let's hope I figure out what to do before he goes back to Ms. Jeannie! He seems to do it only to me...not sure how I feel about that :-)
He also arches his back and grunts when I am putting him in his car seat. That's fun. I blame it partially on Jason. I have to blame it on someone...my perfect child could not be throwing fits already, right? Totally kidding. This is why I blame him though... If Declan is up when he gets home (which is very rare) he immediately picks him up and they have a little routine they do. Father and son stuff (that is what they tell me anyway) First they marinade and season whatever we are eating, then they start the grill, and finally they sit in Jason's truck and Declan gets to play. He honks the horn, looks at himself in the mirror, plays with the radio, etc. I wouldn't want to sit in my car seat either! Ha ha!
He also throws little baby fits here and there. I guess that is "normal" for 1 year olds? If not it is "normal" for our DEW. I still think he is absolutely perfect!

2 comments:

  1. All totally normal :) Drew went through it, and although he only bit once, he was bitten a few times. They all do it, and it has to do with the fact that it's the only way they can express themselves eight now. Didn't stop me from profusely apologizing when he bit a friend or getting teary when he was bit, but it won't last forever. The feeding himself cracks me up. I think we babies D too much because he liked being fed and didn't want to have to lift a finger... Oops. The fit throwing will continue for awhile, sorry to be the bearer of that news. On the plus side, our pediatrician said that it's actually good bc it means they are so comfortable with you that they already understand your unconditional love for them. You are doing a great job- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really need to spend the day together. We are going through the exact same thing. Although, once I got bitten really bad by H and he got "in trouble" he hasn't done it again. He will "pretend" bite me (he does it really softly and laughs) and he will then shake his head no-no. I sometimes have to hide a big smile! We have tantrums galore around here.

    ReplyDelete