Wood's World

Wood's World

Thursday, August 12, 2010

1 Year Stats and First Week of School DONE!

8 years of teaching and this by far has been my MOST challenging first week...EVER! I am absolutely in love with my new little ones and cannot wait to see them grow this year. I am blessed with two wonderful parapros that help run my room. I truly would be lost without them! I have already had one little friend that had to go to the ER for an allergic reaction and another one that pulled the fire alarm causing the entire school to evacuate the building. Lots of challenges this year, but I wouldn't have it any other way. So happy and blessed to work with these kids!!!

I took Declan to his 1 year appointment today. He survived and did pretty well with the shots, but was definitely worn out and was in bed by 6:00. He is 22 1/2 lbs. and 30 inches long (50th%). His head however is on the 90%. Can anyone guess where he got that attribute? He is healthy, happy, and...let's just say feisty and not afraid to let you know what he wants (by throwing a bottle...or trying to hit or bite you):-) Who could ask for anything more?

I am definitely very anxious to leave work after the day is over and anticipate the weekends because it is more time I get to spend with The DEW. The best feeling in the world is picking him up from Ms. Jeannie's and seeing him sprint crawl to me. Melts my heart everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, girl! What a first week! Have a relaxing weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete