Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, October 3, 2010

30 is not so bad :-)

mmmm...I love applesauce...especially when I eat it with my hands!
He has short legs like his Dad...jeans have been rolled up twice :-)

Me and The Dew!



The boys! KR was sick :-(


I love Pop and Cyn Cyn's house!




What a week! I had the pleasure of fulfilling my civic duty by serving on a jury last week. Most people get car wrecks, burglary cases and such, but not me...murder trial. I spent 4 long eight hour days with 12 strangers. We found him guilty on 3 counts...aggravated assault, felony murder and malice murder and he was sentenced to life. He strangled his mother and tried to cover up the murder. It was a very emotionally draining week. Not because I didn't think he was guilty, just everything that went with it. I won't bore you with all of the details, but it was a really tough week. I am so thankful to my mom and sister for taking care of Declan while I went through all of this. I was exhausted at the end of each day and would have definitely preferred to be in my classroom.










My new friends (fellow jurors) brought me donuts, cupcakes, and even gave me a couple of presents for my 30th on Friday. After the trial was over Jason and I had a date while his brother and Lauren kept The DEW. Thank you Chris and Lauren! I also came home to a deep cleaned house and no laundry to be done. My parents had the house cleaned for us and laundry taken care of. This was by far the greatest gift. I couldn't get anything done this week and it was so nice to not worry about it and enjoy my bday weekend! We got another night out on Saturday and headed to a beautiful wedding of some of our close friends. Congrats Brady and Jessica and thank you Mom and Dad for keeping Declan. We picked Declan up today and had brunch with my family...and ended up staying for dinner too :-) It was a perfect birthday weekend!










Jason surprised me with a weekend getaway next weekend to Sawgrass, Florida. My mom and sister will be taking care of Declan.
I cannot wait to get away with Jason, but will definitely miss my baby boy!







I'm so thankful for good health, family, and friends. 30 isn't as bad as I thought it would be :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is incredibly late, but happy 30th birthday! We were so happy you guys were able to come to the wedding, it meant a lot to us to have you there!

    ReplyDelete