Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Decorations With A Toddler

We definitely got into the Christmas spirit this weekend.  We put up all of our decorations, got our tree and my wonderful husband even put up lights outside the house.  For any of you that know him, know that he is a bit of a Grinch.  It meant the world to me that he was in the spirit with us this weekend.  Christmas should be the happiest time of the year for Declan and we intend to make that happen for him always.

He had a blast pulling out the decorations and helping me.  He was really into it!    We put a miniature fiber optic tree in his room and he LOVES it!  He "hi tee," every time he walks into the room and kisses it.  We have a small house so there is not a lot of room to put up decorations, but I think I did a pretty good job.

It is definitely different this Christmas now that The DEW is mobile getting into everything.  Check out the pictures :-)

 Not sure if the reindeer family and snowman will make it this year...
 A wreath that my grandfather made.  Old school, but I love it!
 Our little house all decorated.
 WAR EAGLE!
 Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree has taken over part of Declan's playroom.
 Ornament...
 Declan was decorating the floor.
He kept saying "hot" and then finally stopped touching them.

Tomorrow I go back to work.  I have missed my kids in my class and I'm sure tomorrow will be challenging for them to get back in the routine of things.  It will be hard for me to leave Declan too.  I LOVED being at home with him for the entire week.  Good news though...I get to do it again in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment