Wood's World

Wood's World

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful

I'm very thankful for so many things daily, but it is nice to take a day and really think about how blessed we really are.  We are not having the best of luck these days, but we definitely still have a lot to be thankful for this year. 

I'm thankful for...in no particular order
-Jason.  He is my rock, best friend, soul mate and the world's best father and husband.
-Declan.  My happy and healthy little boy is my world.  Thank God for him and his good health EVERYDAY. 
-My Mom.  One of my best friends.  The strongest woman I know.  So much admiration for her and want to be just like her when I grow up :-)
-My Dad.  The hardest worker on the planet with the biggest heart.  He truly inspires me...nothing can knock this man down.
-My sister.  For the relationship we have formed over the past couple of years.  Definitely one of my best friends.  Never passes judgement on her little sis and is there for me whenever I need her.
-Peter.  For his delicious salads and always willing to help out with The Dew.
-Gavin. His inquiring mind, artistic ability, and always there to give me a hug.
-Owen.  His smile, his dedication and determination, his huge heart, always willing to help.
-Kara.  My little princess.  Her carefree personality, the love she has for Declan, and how she is such a girly girl with a ton of spunk
-Kendra.  My best friend in the entire world.  20 years is a long time!  Always knows when I'm down and out and knows exactly what to say to get me out of my funk. 
-My amazing girlfriends.  You all know who you are.  Could not have made it through so many things without your love and support.  We may not talk to each other on a daily basis due to all of our crazy schedules, but I'm so thankful for all of you.
-My job and my students.  Waking up and being excited to see my kids at school.  My most challenging year of teaching has been this year, but I would not change it for the world.  I love what I do and love the kids in my class now, and previous students, as if they were my own.  I also love the people that I work with.  Very blessed.
-Debbie/ Maw Maw Deb.  My parapro, but also one of my best friends.  Love working with her all day and could not do what we do everyday without her love and support...and Nancy too!  We are one hell of a team.
-Chris and Lauren.  Adore my brother-in-law and his girlfriend.  Love the bond that we all have with each other.  We have become very close and that is so important to me.
-Our little bungalow in the city.  Easy to clean and decorate and the coziest place around.  Love looking outside at the skyline of the ATL.
-Dixon and Mr. Sims.  As annoying as they can be I love snuggling with them and they are so precious and have become the best of friends with Declan.
-My extended family.  We don't see each other nearly as much as we used to and I miss it, but I love you all
-Our Health.
-The Auburn Tigers and Cam Newton


Things I am NOT thankful for...
-One car
-A broken camera (why you aren't seeing any Thanksgiving pictures)
-The crappy economy and no job stability for my husband
-Alzheimer's...that is taking over my Grandmother


*See there is so much more to be thankful for than NOT to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for better luck for you three! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete