Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cold and Cold Weather

 Snack time!  He looks like such a big boy in this picture!


 I LOVE this picture! 
 Raspberries!!!
 Lays there until he is calm...after tantrum
 During tantrum.  Looks pathetic doesn't he? This is what happens when I don't let him run the front loader washer all day long with nothing in it.  I'm such a mean Mommy!






Declan has not been feeling that wonderful this week.  It seems to be a little bit of a cold. He is not eating as much and has been a little cranky and definitely clingy.  The stomach bug is going around my classroom again and I'm praying I don't bring it home.  He built up such an immunity from staying with my sister and being around other kids, that I swear he is not getting as sick as quickly.  He was sick for close to 3 months this time last year.  He is sleeping through the night still.  I went back and looked at the blog and Declan has been sleeping through the night (12 hours) for 10 months!  We have been blessed with such an "easy" little boy...I can only imagine what the teen years will be like...ha ha!

He is still very loving and kissing and hugging everything.  It is adorable.  He has also started laughing when we tell him "no," and will throw a fit if we move him away from what he was doing after we tell him "no."  He falls to the floor very dramatically and kicks his feet for all of 15 seconds.  We try not to laugh because he still looks so cute even when he is having a tantrum.  So far the ignoring is working.  Hope these don't last long, but I'm sure this is not the end of them :-)  He is still very chatty and repeating and imitating everything that he can.  He has also added "help" and "yes" to his sign language vocabulary.  It amazes me how much he takes in...the other day he was walking around the house saying "oh shi"...ummmm, I think we need to start watching what we are saying.

We had a nice weekend as a family.  We pretty much stayed home and out of the cold weather.  We played around the house and built the first fire of the season.  Declan thought that was so much fun.  There is NOTHING better than a weekend with my boys.  I'm so in love with them and love to watch them together.  Jason continues to amaze me at how wonderful he is with Declan.  He is such an incredible father.  Declan is back to being obsessed with his Dad (how can I blame him).  Declan is definitely Jason's mini me.  Ha ha!  We also went to Minnie and Al's to celebrate the October birthdays.  It was great to see the family.

Ready for yet another work week!  Declan has his 15 month checkup on Thursday, so I will update after that.  Not looking forward to the shots :-(  It did not bother me so much when he was a little baby, but I have a feeling this visit might be a little rough for Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment