Wood's World

Wood's World

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day #2

We were snowed in again today and will be tomorrow as well.  Declan pretty much stayed in his pajamas all day.  He would get a shoe and say "bye bye."  He definitely has cabin fever.  He was calling out for the lady that keeps him during the day too.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Trying not to take it personally and just think he wanted to get out and see her and his friends. Makes me happy too that he likes where he goes every morning.We definitely have cabin fever, but we are enjoying are time as a family and embracing it. 

 We lounged around the house and made cookies.   He is really into Sesame Street and really likes Cookie Monster, so I figured we would give the cookies a try.  He LOVED it!  I had put it off during Christmas because I didn't think it would be something he would like.  Boy, was I wrong! Of course he loved the batter!  Before I get an email from someone about how he could have gotten salmonella or sick or whatever...he didn't and is just fine:-)  I have eaten batter off of more beaters and spoons than I can count and I too am alive to tell about it!  He liked decorating them too.  He would ask for a "bite" of the icing and then yelled "cookie" as he ran around the house with his cookie.  Fun day!  Can you tell we are ready to get out.  I just blogged about making cookies for the love of God!?  Ha ha!

OH MY...how could I forget?!  WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!  Congrats to the Auburn Tigers and winning the National Championship!  I could not be more proud to be an Auburn alumni!!!  Tired of all the people saying we played ugly or unfair and all of the crap about Cam Newton.  We won...end of story!   You can keep on hating, but we are still the national champs! 

 He was actually a big help!
 Wanted the spoon to get another taste of batter!
 Mmmmmm!
 Precious face!
 My little chef!
 Cookies!  They are not the prettiest, but we gave it our best effort ;-)
 Watching TV...
 Ohhhhh!
 I've got the remote, Suckers!
Sesame Street, Wonder Pets, or Curious George?  Yeah!  I'm SO excited!

I will try to come up with something fun to do tomorrow for day #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment