Wood's World

Wood's World

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Visit With Grandmama/Gi Gi

We went to visit my grandmother yesterday.  All I can say is that she has her "good" days and "bad" days, but the past couple times I have seen her it has been a "bad" one.  Alzheimer's is one nasty disease.  It makes me so sad to see her, yet happy because we make her smile for that moment.  Her face lights up when she sees her grandchildren, but especially her great grandchildren.  She absolutely adores them. 

I know it is so hard for my mom to see her mother going through all of this and has had to struggle with every decision she has had to make for her with the help of my aunt and uncle.  Needless to say it is always very emotional when we go to visit.  I can't help, but cry every time we leave her.  She is the last grandparent I have left.  I may not be her favorite, but she has always been there for me...so I will be there for her through each phase of this AWFUL disease.  I will also be there for my mom as she watches her mother go through all of this knowing there is nothing she or any of us can do.  I

 Gi Gi and all of her great grandchildren.  She is so happy :-)
 Owen and Declan :-)
 KR!
 Grandmama and Staci
 Gavin!
 Declan and Cyn Cyn playing
 Declan playing w/ Aunt Staci (I love the smile on my grandmother's face)
 Goofy kid with the magnifying glass!
I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment