Wood's World

Wood's World

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bite, poke, or stye???


After his shot at the doctor :-( It is his left eye

Declan has been sleeping through the night for a few months now. He does not make a peep and I usually have to wake him up in the morning to get ready. Well...the other night he woke up at 2 and I could not calm him down so I decided to feed him. After I made the bottle and we sat down for him to eat I turned on the light and noticed he could barely open his eye. His droop eye was swollen! It didn't seem to be hurting him but I think he was definitely uncomfortable understandably. I fed him and he went back to sleep. It did not improve the next day and we had to go the doctor anyway for his 2nd H1N1 shot, so I had them take a look at it. Diagnosis...a bite or maybe he jabbed himself in the eye...keep an "eye" on it and make sure it does not get infected (no pun intended)...and give him benadryl. It looks a little better today, but I am thinking it is a bite. He is scratching it a lot and there seems to be a white dot on his eye lid...maybe a stye? Who knows! Poor guy! He woke up again at 2 this morning. I am not sure if it his eye or a growth spurt or what. I am hoping it doesn't last :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment