Wood's World

Wood's World

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

40 YEARS!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

I was also lucky to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary on Father's Day.  Mom and I spent the day reminiscing about how she and my Dad met, how he asked her to marry him on the first date, marrying after less than 6 weeks and moving to Japan a couple days after their wedding day.  It was so neat to hear the stories my mom had to share.  I have heard them before, but I appreciate them so much more now that I'm married and have a family. 

My parents have been amazing role models when it comes to marriage and I often look to them for advice.  They have such a strong relationship and are still best friends and so in love after 40 years!  I want that so badly when Jason and I reach that milestone.  Don't get me wrong they have been through a lot and it has not always been perfect (they will tell you that themselves and don't pretend that it has been), but they have stuck it out together and have always been there for each other.  They have obviously been through so much together in the past 40 years.  Some good, some great, some bad, and some terrible.  If I even told you some things that their marriage has survived you wouldn't believe it, but they made it work.  They are a team and always have been.  Believe me...I tried to put them against each other more than once.  It never worked!

I'm so proud of my parents and thankful for the example they have set for us.  Here's to you Mom and Dad!!!  Happy 40th Anniversary!!!  I love you MORE!!!

 Toasting 40 years on the lake!
 My wonderful parents!



No comments:

Post a Comment