Wood's World

Wood's World

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day @ Lake Burton

My Uncle Ted and Aunt Susan invited us to the lake along with my parents for Father's Day weekend.  We headed up Saturday afternoon and spent the early evening by the lake catching up with my aunt and uncle and letting Declan take in his surroundings.  He loved the lake!  We put on his vest...which he hates...but we were NOT going to take him near the lake without it on.  Jason and I were nervous even with him having his vest on.  He loved throwing rocks off of the dock and watching the boats and jet skis.  My parents arrived later that night and we grilled out.  Declan fell fast asleep on me on the porch.  He never does that, so he must have been very relaxed :-)

The next morning the guys went to play golf and the ladies (and Declan) enjoyed the lake.  Declan was so anxious to go to the dock.  He grabbed his pile of rocks and went to throwing them in.  Well, he overstepped the dock and fell right in head first.  Hello heart attack!  I immediately grabbed him by his vest.  It didn't phase him one bit.  My mom and I didn't panic,,,so neither did he.  I know the vest would protect him, but it still gave me a scare!  He liked telling my mom and I to jump off the deck or pushing us in.  He got in the lake a few times, but was more entertained by watching us and my aunt and uncle's 4 dogs!

After the guys got back from golf we took a boat ride.  Declan LOVED the boat.  He was in heaven!!!  We also got a chance to see the devastation that the tornado caused at lake Burton.  I had no idea the damage it caused.  It definitely made us count our blessings.

It was a perfect Father's Day according to Jason, and that made me so happy.  I know, I know, I am always saying how great he is, but it is the truth.  Watching him with Declan makes me fall more in love with him everyday.  I could not ask for a better father for Declan! 

I am also very lucky to have Scott Woodside for my Dad.  He is the most thoughtful and caring man on the planet and I'm lucky to be his daughter and so loved by him!  I was glad I could celebrate with the 4 most important guys in my life...My husband, son, father, uncle/Godfather.  I feel very blessed to have them all in my life!
 The DEW
 Foster (1 of their 4 doggies)
 Taking a swim with my boy :-)
 My Dad!  Isn't he cute?
 Uncle Ted and Aunt Susan!  Love these two so much!
 Taking it in!
 Yay!
 Wow!
 So sad!
 No more houses :-(

 Me and my baby's daddy ;-)
King of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment