Wood's World

Wood's World

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Is Here!

Even though I'm working the entire summer they are short days and I'm getting to spend so much extra time with Declan.  It is the perfect balance for me.  I go to work while he goes to Jeanne's then I pick him up and we try to find something different to do everyday that is not expensive and in the budget.  I refuse to sit inside all day and waste the day away and try to get as much energy out of him as possible  He only takes one nap (has for awhile) and it is usually about 2 hours.  Loving his schedule!  It has been so fun and he has been SO good while he is with me.  He really is just a great kid.  I feel so lucky and honored to be this little boy's mom.  He has a great personality and is just so much fun to be around.

I have also been on the hunt for a daycare for him to attend in August.  This has been very challenging for me...finding the perfect place for our little boy.  I think I have narrowed it down though.  The place I'm looking at is pretty academic driven, but they still get to have a ton of fun.  It is very structured which I like.  I'm very particular...I can't help it...it is the teacher in me.  He is so ready for school!  I brought him with me to check out the place I'm looking at and he was pretty excited, which helped ease my mind and helped me with my decision.  I'm pretty sure it is going to be a harder transition for me than it is for him.  Jason is extremely supportive, but has pretty much left this decision in my hands.  He just wants what is best for Declan of course and for me to be at ease with the decision and not to worry everyday about Declan.  Some people probably think I'm crazy with all of the research I'm doing, but I have to make sure Declan is safe, loved, learning, and having fun... After all,I'm doing the same thing with the kiddos in my class, I expect nothing less for our little boy.  I will keep you updated.  I have to make the decision soon!

Jason is still working out of town:-(  I'm hoping he is finished with this job soon.  Declan talks  to him on the phone and can tell him about his day with a little prompting from me.  I know it kills Jason to be away from us, but appreciate how hard he works to support his family.  The days/nights seem really long without him here.








So that is what is going on in our world at the moment!  Enjoy the pictures.  Declan is obsessed with the hose and pool at the moment.   We spend time outside before and after dinner and eat lots of popsicles...he even likes to take a bath/shower outside too.  What can I say, it's summer?!  Who cares???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment