Wood's World

Wood's World

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Coloring

I had Declan "draw" in Jason's Father's Day card.  He loved that little activity.  We had tried it before and he could care less, but now he is really into coloring.  He asks to color at random times throughout the day.  I snapped these pictures last night.  I swear, it is so hard to not teach and look at things from a mom perspective rather than a teacher.  He is my child for God's sake, not one of my students.  I'm working very hard on that.  So here I am watching our little boy color and looking at his grasp and watching him color independently and see which hand he is using consistently and if he is crossing the mid line.  Really???  He is not even two!  I have to literally take a stop back and tell myself to stop it and enjoy the moment and just be a mom.  I wonder if this is common with other parents that are educators?  At least I recognize that I do it and need to fix it.  I need to take off the teacher hat and be Declan's mom when I get home.  I'm just in awe of our little boy and all that he can do, what he knows and is capable of doing in less than 2 years.  I thank God everyday for a happy and healthy little boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment