Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Millane Family

Love the England hat and adorable clothes!!!


Many people ask where we got the name Declan (Deck Lan). Jason and I went to Cancun when we first started dating. While we were there we met an adorable family from England...the Millanes. David and Gillian and their 3 children...Michael, Declan, and Grace. They were such a fun family and some of the nicest people we have ever met. We hung out with them for the better part of our vacation. I fell in love with the name Declan and told Jason if we ever got married and had children that we should name him Declan. The rest is history. We have not seen the Millanes since our trip 7 years ago, but I do keep in touch with the boys through Facebook and I email with David or Gillian on occasion. FedEx visited us on Friday with the most thoughtful package for Declan. I though that was just the nicest gesture. I hope Declan carries the name well and we will remain forever long distance friends with the Millanes!

No comments:

Post a Comment