Wood's World

Wood's World

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

9 Months
















Declan is 9 months old today!










What is going on with him...





-1 bottom tooth...thought there were 2...oops





-Eating like a mad man. Loves puffs and fresh fruit in the teether. LOVES yogurt!





-Army crawling...he gets up on all fours and rocks, but goes into the army crawl





-Sitting up from lying down on his own





-Loves books to be read to him...this is now part of our nightly routine (He did NOT get that from me) This is now my favorite part of the day with him :-)
-Loves Peek-A-Boo
-Thinks making his own raspberry sounds is hilarious















He is still hating therapy at home and at Scottish Rite, but he is making progress every time we go! The stretches are getting harder because he is so mobile. He is stronger, but needs to build endurance. Our PT wants to try kinesio tape on his neck to see if that will help prompt him from tilting his head independently. Remember the summer Olympics and the volleyball players with the tape all over them? That was kinesio tape. It has many different uses, but in his case it will help train and strengthen his neck muscles. It is on his back now to make sure that he does not have any allergic reactions. She will then try it next week. We are hoping this works, because if it doesn't she did mention the neck brace. This is the LAST resort, so we are going to try the tape and continue exercises at home an still attend PT for an hour weekly. Pray that this works or our little guys. I do not love the idea of the brace, but will do whatever we have to to help Declan. We go to the eye doctor next week, so we will see where he is with his tracking and if this has affected his vision at all. So...that is where we are with physical therapy.










My mom is keeping him one day a week and he is loving the quality time with her and getting to see my dad before he heads off to work in the morning!
He is still the world's happiest baby and makes me smile and laugh. Never knew I could love someone or something so much.










Looking into daycare (next school year), trying to find a house, wrapping up the school year, and preparing for ESY=STRESS! Please bare with me if I am a little bit moody these days. I have a lot on my plate...but I can handle it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment