Wood's World

Wood's World

Sunday, May 2, 2010

:-)


Declan and Dad!

Love this one :-)


I got a stick...



and a leaf!!!






Yeah..they look exactly alike...




Facing Forward!




We are now doing the mohawk daily so he doesn't have his combover due :-)







I've got the kitty!








I love sitting at the high top!









We got Declan's full written evaluation in the mail today. Wow...it was very in depth. It was very detailed and reminded me very much of a report or an IEP I would write for one of my students. Lots of numbers, his strengths, weaknesses, and the objectives he has to master to reach his goal. Very interesting to see a report on your own child when you are used to writing them for other children. It looked good though. Gold star from me :-) It was noted that we were the ones that noticed the torticollis and not the pediatrician (who was also mailed a copy). It stated that there was some head flattening and that he does have mild plagio (which they did not tell us at the eval) and moderate torticollis. Mild, moderate, and severe...words that surround me in my profession. We are looking at 6 months of physical therapy. You can do it, Declan (and Aunt Staci...and us)!




















We had a nice weekend as usual. Jason is home and I could not be happier. No more traveling...for now. Just because I put that in writing, he will probably pick up a job in Alaska tomorrow. Anyway...it is so nice to have him here to help with the little things and just to have his company. It is so much easier with two people!!! Declan is pretty happy to have his dad home too :-)




















Oh yeah...updates...duh!





Declan has 2 teeth coming in and is rocking on all fours. We are going to have a steak eater and crawler before we know it! His carseat is forward facing now too since the chunkster is over 20lbs. I love the age of 8 months! It just keeps getting better :-)

2 comments:

  1. Where in Alaska? My brother and his family is up there. Also the law for the car seat is one year **AND** 20 lbs...their necks are not strong enough at under a year for an impact. A lot of people recommend keeping them rear facing for as long as they will tolerate it (Norway or Sweden it is the law up to a certain age). I have seen a lot of studies showing that rear facing is a lot better if you are in an accident. I have a friend who is big into the rear facing movement if you want more info on it.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. my apologies

    ReplyDelete